Optimizing your (Search Engine Optimization) SEO settings for a store on the Local Street platform is crucial for increasing visibility, and attracting even more organic traffic from outside of our platform! Effective SEO practices help potential customers discover your store amidst the competition, thereby driving more relevant and interested visitors to your product listings.
How To Optimize Your SEO
- Navigate to your “Settings” and “Store SEO” from the Vendor Dashboard
- Fill in your SEO information and click “Save Changes” to apply them to your store and gain even more visibility!
Want To Make The Most Of Your SEO?
Let’s explore the most recent best practices for each of the following store settings you can fine-tune in your store settings:
- SEO Title: The SEO title is the title that appears in search engine results and is a critical factor in determining click-through rates. It should be concise, relevant, and include the primary keyword for the specific page or product. The recommended character length for an SEO title is around 50-60 characters. Keep it short, sweet, and accurately reflective of the content from your shop.
- Meta Description: The meta description provides a brief summary of the page’s content and appears below the SEO title in search results. It should be well-crafted, informative, and enticing to encourage users to click through to your store. Aim for a meta description length of around 150-160 characters, making sure it contains relevant keywords and a clear call-to-action.
- Meta Keywords: While meta keywords were once important for SEO, most search engines now disregard them as a ranking factor. Therefore, it’s generally not necessary to focus on meta keywords. Instead, prioritize creating relevant and high-quality content throughout your store.
- Facebook Title: When sharing your store on Facebook, the Facebook title is the title that appears as the link’s headline. It should be similar to the SEO title, but you have a bit more space to work with. Aim for around 60-70 characters, including primary keywords and attention-grabbing elements.
- Facebook Description: The Facebook description is the text that accompanies the shared link on the platform. It should provide a compelling and concise overview of your store’s content or the specific product being shared. Keep it within 130-140 characters, ensuring it captures the essence of the page and encourages clicks.
- Facebook Image: Choose an eye-catching and relevant image when sharing your store on Facebook. Facebook’s recommended image size for link posts is 1200 x 628 pixels. Use high-quality images that represent your store or product effectively.
- Twitter Title: The Twitter title, similar to the Facebook title, is the headline that appears when you share your store on Twitter. However, due to character limitations, aim for a shorter title of around 40-50 characters while still incorporating essential keywords.
- Twitter Description: Twitter allows up to 280 characters for a tweet, but it’s best to keep your Twitter description concise and engaging. Aim for around 200 characters, highlighting the most relevant and captivating aspects of your store or product.
- Twitter Image: Twitter’s recommended image size for tweets with images is 1200 x 675 pixels. Use visually appealing images that align with your brand and product offerings.
Remember, SEO settings are crucial for enhancing your store’s online presence and driving organic traffic. By following these recent best practices, you can optimize your store’s visibility across search engines and social media platforms, increasing the chances of attracting potential customers and achieving business success on the Local Street platform.